Florida manufacturers are a powerful economic engine for the state's economy. Many Florida manufacturing operations benefit from the presence of advanced research facilities at Florida's universities and colleges, military installations, and NASA. The industry cluster counts more than 17,500 manufacturers who employ some 307,500 workers across the state.
Diverse and Stable Industry
Florida's manufacturing industries are diverse and include companies in traditional manufacturing industries, such as plastics, food processing and printing, as well as those that are engaged in breakthrough technologies, like electronics, medical devices and aviation/aerospace.
Florida has a strong, skilled manufacturing workforce, which represents about 5% of the state's workforce. Additionally, the state's multicultural and multilingual workforce provides Florida manufacturers with an excellent advantage in conducting business overseas.
Computer and Electronic Products
Select Companies in Florida:
Arthrex, Beckman Coulter, ConMed Linvatec, ClosetMaid Corporation, Correct Craft, Motorola, Danfoss Turbocor, DRS Technologies, E-ONE, Florida's Natural Growers, Gerdau Ameristeel, Goya Foods, Green Circle Bio Energy, ITT Corporation, Jabil, JRL Ventures, Lockheed Martin, Maverick Boat Company, Medtronic ENT, Mitsibushi Power Systems Americas, Northrop Grumman, PGT Industries, Inc., Publix, Saft, Sikorsky, Swisher International, Tara Technologies, TriQuint, Tyco Fire and Security, Vistakon/Johnson & Johnson, Watson Pharmaceuticals
- Florida is the #1 Best State for Workforce and Job Training (US Chamber of Commerce) and is home to the #2 Workforce (CNBC)
- Business Facilities ranks Florida's transportation infrastructure #2 in the United States
- Florida ranks as the: #3 Best State for Business (Chief Executive), #4 Best Business Climate (Business Facilities), and #5 Tax Climate for Business (Tax Foundation)
- Florida manufacturers are supported by state and local manufacturers trade associations and the Florida Manufacturing Extension Partnership
- Florida is the #4 largest export state