Why Invest in Florida
Competing in today's global markets is challenging. Your business location should not be. Florida offers a business-friendly environment with competitive costs, streamlined regulation, global access and a talented workforce to help your company succeed. Many leading companies are already benefiting from Florida's business advantages and exceptional quality of life. We invite you to take a closer look at Florida.
#1 Statewide Commitment
- Government leaders are committed to making Florida the best state for business.
- Governor Scott is focused on cutting taxes, streamlining the regulatory environment and improving education to meet business demands.
#2 Business Climate
- Florida is the #2 Best State for Business. (Chief Executive)
- Florida offers competitive costs, expedited permitting, incentives for job creation, investment and training and a pro-business tax structure.
#3 Industry Leadership
- Among U.S. states, Florida ranks as the 3rd largest state for high-tech establishments. (TechAmerica Cyberstates)
- Florida has a significant and growing presence in industry clusters, such as Cleantech, Life Sciences, Infotech, Aviation/Aerospace, Logistics & Distribution, Defense/Homeland Security, Financial/Professional Services and Manufacturing.
#4 Workforce Talent
- Florida's workforce is ranked #1 by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Among U.S. states, Florida ranks as the 5th largest "cyber-state" for high-tech employment. (TechAmerica Cyberstates)
- Florida ranks among the Top 10 States for Education. (Education Week)
#5 Global Hub
- Florida is the strategic and economic center of the Americas due to its geographic location, economic and political stability, and multi-cultural and multi-lingual workforce.
- Among U.S. states, Florida ranks as the 3rd largest exporter of high-tech goods and services. (TechAmerica Cyberstates)
#6 Multi-modal Infrastructure
- Florida has one of the world's most extensive multi-modal transportation systems, featuring 19 commercial airports, 15 deepwater seaports and an extensive highway and rail network. The state is also home to three spaceports, including two of only eight commercially licensed spaceports in the U.S.
- Florida is "wired for success". The state has multiple hubs that allow for high-speed data transmission from around the U.S. to Europe, Latin America and Africa.
#7 Innovative R&D
- Florida is home to a number of innovative companies and leading universities and research institutes such as Draper Labs, Florida Solar Energy Center, Max Planck, Moffitt, IHMC, Sanford-Burnham, Scripps, SRI and Torrey Pines.
- About $7 billion invested annually in R&D in Florida.
#8 Entrepreneurial Environment
- Florida ranks among the nation's Top 10 on the Small Business Survival Index, Kauffman Index of Entrepreneurial Activity and Business Tax Index, all of which provide a key gauge for entrepreneurial success.
- The state hosts a variety of tech incubators, accelerators and university-based research hubs.
#9 Quality of Life
- Florida has no personal income tax.
- Already one of the world's top travel destinations, many visitors recognize the "play here, stay here" philosophy and choose Florida as their permanent home.
- Florida has earned top rankings in Harris Poll's "most desirable places to live" since the survey's inception.
#10 Strategic Partnerships
- More than any other state, economic developers, educational institutions, workforce boards, businesses and state/local governments join forces to help existing and prospective businesses start up, grow and expand throughout the state.